52 Weeks to Family Preparedness for Two
Food Storage and Preparedness Challenge Of The Week:
Food Storage Purchase 30 lbs. Wheat or Flour
Extra Item Purchase 11 lbs. Macaroni or Spaghetti
Family Prep: Preparation items for Christmas.
Spiritual Preparedness: Read 2 Nephi 4: 15-16 and ponder the ways you can expand your learning and knowledge of the scriptures and things of the world which will benefit you and your family
Often because of the hustle and bustle of the season we lose sight of the important things. It’s time to take the time to bring the important things back. Following are a few ideas. As you ponder the real meaning and our busy lives you will come up with many more.
1. Find what brings peace and focus on it. I love to just watch the lights twinkle on my tree while the rest of the house is dark. It is a kind of peaceful time for me to ponder what is important to me.
2. Try to Simplify what is really important to you. Get rid of all the fluff and stuff, we often forget the real meaning of Christmas because we hide it well in all the stuff.
3. Enlist the help of your family. This is a time of year when family members help more willingly. Many of the things are fun to do, like decorating and baking and delivering.
4. Build some fun family memories. We need to make these memories so that our families will have wonderful and special things to remember.
Following are some ideas of things to do together as a family.
– Make and frost sugar cookies together
– Deliver Christmas treats and goodies to friends and neighbors together
– Drive around and look at light displays
– Go caroling
– Share treats when you go caroling
– Draw names and do special things for the person’s name that you draw
– Make Christmas decorations, popcorn and cranberry strings, popcorn balls, paper snowflakes, painted ceramic ornaments, Etc.
– Read Christmas stories
Bring the spirit of peace and love into your home as you enjoy the Christmas season and remember that Jesus Christ is the real reason that we celebrate.